Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being present and connected

Recently I spent few days with my daughter and couple of my friends at a spiritual center, which also happens to be at a beach. It was a great time to reconnect with self and be in the NOW. One of the questions I have been working with is: How connected are we to our self when we are busy trying to get to the next thing? Where is this drive coming from? Is it from that deep place within, our purpose, or is it driven by the external? When I am connected I am able to notice the difference or else I get caught in the rat race and moving from one job to another. As a result the NOW just happens without our awareness.

There is a great link between the NOW and connection to oneself. When we are in this place of harmony with both we are able to experience the present moment and notice what is going on with our emotions, thoughts and our spirit. Focus on your breathing as often as possible during the day to be grounded in the NOW and be in the flow of connectedness. What a great way to enhance your EQ. When one is connected one can appreciate and enjoy life, in spite of things not going the way one wants, and learn from it. If this practice is developed one will not have to wait to get away to be in the NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment